Curried Roast & Carrots
(from Better Homes & Gardens Biggest Book of Slow Cooker Recipes)
* 5 medium carrots, cut into 2" pieces
(I used about a half bag of those peeled baby carrots)
* 1# boiling onions or 2 C. chopped onion
* 1.5-2# beef chuck pot roast
* 1/2 C. apple juice or water
* 1/3 C. chutney
* 2 T. quick-cooking tapioca
* 2 t. curry powder (I used a generous T., love the stuff!)
* 1/2 t. ground coriander
* 1/2 t. crushed dried mint (didn't have any)
* 3 C. hot cooked cous cous or rice
Put carrots and onion into 3.5-4 qt. slow cooker. Place meat on top of vegetables. Combine juice (or water), chutney, tapioca, curry pwd, coriander, and mint in small bowl. Pour over meat.
Cover and cook (low heat) 8-10 hours or (high heat) 4-5 hours. Serve w/cous cous or rice. Yum!
I find the Masala Tandori Naan at Trader Joe's. It is a perfect sopping complement to this recipe!
First day of class today went well! It's a nice bunch of people--16 all told--ranging in age from 17 to 50-something! I'm going to enjoy my role as co-teacher very much. Nice to start on Wednesday as our class times are Mondays and Wednesdays; and yes, we are meeting on Labor Day. Oh well, some sacrifices are called for in adult ed, n'est-ce pas?
Not much else to report; still waiting for Godot....i.e. the Super Secret Extra Special Visitor coming in, oh, 16 days or so, but who's counting? LOL....
ciao for now!