Friday, August 05, 2005

A quiet morning at home

I didn't walk today, that's a bit of a surprise for me. I teach starting at 8:00 on Fridays, and it just didn't seem worth the rush.

My sleep patterns have changed lately and I find myself awake at an early hour, on the telephone, speaking softly with my new angel-friend. Getting up and going for a walk is usually a natural follow through, but with the Friday morning schedule it seemed kinder to just loll around at home, enjoying coffee with chocolate milk (Horizon Organic; Costco sells it in a case of 27 6-oz. boxes!) and a pb/toast sandwich.

Ahhh, simple pleasures are the best, aren't they? Staying home instead of walking. Eating a simple meal and savoring the experience--peanut butter does give one a lot to savor, doesn't it?

Choosing to indulge myself, just a little bit, on a morning when much will be demanded of me at the student clinic--and, by the way, the students are getting GLOWING reviews from their clients, I am so proud of them!

Taking care of myself, is a gift I give the rest of my world.

4 Comments:

At 8/5/05, 10:23 AM, Blogger Ralph's Homespun Headlines said...

Yes the simple pleasure are the best and that certainly does include the toasted peanut butter sandwich. Sounds like your students are doing quite well.
Ralph

 
At 8/5/05, 7:03 PM, Blogger annie said...

i love that for breakfast, even on work mornings. i will have to try the horizon chocolate milk things sometime, though. it sounds yummy.

 
At 8/6/05, 9:54 AM, Blogger I n g e r said...

That last line--man, isn't that just the thing?

You're in such a lovely place! So glad for you.

 
At 8/7/05, 4:01 AM, Blogger Cliff Morrow said...

I'm sensing a new, higher level of sensitivity here. Are we in love??
'We', meaning you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home