Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Home sweet home....

I'm back in the desert again....after a day of driving across the vastness of California and Arizona. I feel an utterly inexplicable delight at seeing those giant wind machines around Palm Springs....they make me grin like an imbecile, turning turning turning around.

Arrived around 7:30 p.m. last night and had an ecstatic reunion with Sun Bear and Angus that lasted several hours. My son slept here but was not around much during the days, and the dogs needed lots of hugs and kisses (Sun Bear) and throwing of squeaky toys (Angus) to reassure themselves of my return.

Unpacking was hilarious as I took out many many articles of clothing that never made it out of the suitcase at all. Ha. The laundry pile is surprisingly small considering that I was gone for a week! (But the dirty clothes are dirty indeed....)

And I cleverly didn't schedule anything until 3:00 this afternoon, so have a lot of time to spend reacquainting myself with these humble walls. Time to pay bills and make phone calls.

And yes, the sweet return to the late-night and early-morning cell phone calls to the special someone who is still far away, but not as far away as they have been for the last week. Driving eastward I couldn't help but think I was coming closer, closer to them, coming home to the familiar routine of our private murmurings and secret sharings, weaving a web of intimacy that feels ever stronger.

Home,

sweet

home,

welcome

home....

5 Comments:

At 8/24/05, 11:27 AM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

Welcome home!

 
At 8/24/05, 1:43 PM, Blogger Christopher said...

Welcome home Taza

Home sweet home indeed.

 
At 8/24/05, 3:41 PM, Blogger Cliff said...

Hey Taz, to follow up on your comment at my place,,,my niece used to play lady's rugby at U of Missouri. She wore a sweatshirt that said "Why bleed just once a month, play rugby".

 
At 8/24/05, 11:15 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Welcome Home! Betcha look a million bucks!

 
At 8/25/05, 7:12 AM, Blogger Ralph said...

Glad you made it home safe. Sounds like even coming home was fun.
Ralph

 

Post a Comment

<< Home