Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Toksy day

Feelin' a bit tosky today. That's a word from an old sci-fi novel by Tanith Lee--she wrote 2 little novels about a futuristic society that I really enjoyed. Both books had a lexicon of words that the folks of that world used, and "tosky" was their word for neurotic. I think it has a nice ring to it!

Gettin' ready for the trip to CA....we'll be leaving on Monday, way early in the a.m. to get a jump start on the long day of driving. Right now I don't really feel excited about the preparations. Seems like there's a lot going on internally, and the external busy-ness hasn't become fun yet. I have no doubt that it will, the closer we get to actually going, but for now I'm just gnawing on my figurative fingernails, wishing I had more money and a greater will to be pleasantly 'het up' about the coming adventure!

The sun's out, the humidity is high (for Arizona, that is--Midwesterners would probably find this balmy and enjoyable!), and I have to go waaaaay out east in a few minutes for a couple of massage appointments. After that the day is mine, so I'll be back on the home front, allowing my mood to shift and change gradually. Like all things, this too shall pass.

Oh, don't worry, I'll be back here in a day or two, jonesin' to get on the road! But right now the preparations are still in list form, on the "To Do" one instead of the "Yay, Done!" one.

In the present moment, all is complete. So won't you join me in the present moment, taking a breath and allowing all to unfold as it should, in perfect order and timing.

9 Comments:

At 8/10/05, 10:50 AM, Blogger mckait said...

Have a wonderful time.. May you walk through dark forests without harm, drink from unknown rivers safely, find new friends in new places and have magical experiences each day .. and be carried safely home..

 
At 8/10/05, 1:27 PM, Blogger Cliff said...

I'm goin too. Seez ya Monday Taz!

 
At 8/10/05, 9:42 PM, Blogger magz said...

ah, adventure. travel. so very exciting! sold me... LOL!
see ya when i get back... if i come back, he he hee. Call me fore ya leave, k?

 
At 8/11/05, 6:09 AM, Blogger Me said...

Ah, you wild women on wild adventures... HAVE FUN, TAZA!!!

 
At 8/11/05, 9:06 AM, Blogger Ralph said...

I am with you - the hardest part is getting ready. Most trips/adventures are really fun after they have begun. It's just that time leading up to departure. Have a good time.
Ralph

 
At 8/11/05, 1:18 PM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

Hurry back! oh have fun too. :)

 
At 8/12/05, 4:23 PM, Blogger Daria Schaffnit said...

Love Tanith Lee! Thanks for the reminder.

Have a glorious trip!

 
At 8/12/05, 10:45 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Have a safe trip!

 
At 8/13/05, 11:33 AM, Blogger Jade said...

I need another trip... Hope you have a great one and enjoy!!! Huggz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home