Monday, August 08, 2005

Stormy Monday

Well, once again I'm using the Poetic License (Sect. 3, Paragraph 27). It's not stormy actually, just softly overcast. I got up in the middle of the night to close my car windows, and was awakened twice more by lightning and thunder. The first time it was actually the lightning that interrupted my dream! I wondered who was flashing lights at me....

The Rillito (say: ree-YEE-toe) river she was a-flowin' today! Wonderful to walk upriver with the flow running in between my feet and loosely-fastened Tevas. The riverbed isn't wide, and it isn't even running bank to bank, but there was enough water to entertain the 3 of us as we wandered wetly.

I went to Maggiez Farm yesterday for a long-overdue visit. Once again, no "actual work" was done, but we had plenty of "actual fun" listening to music, drinking a few beers, and laughing over our blogger friends. Some we share and others are exclusive to our own personal tastes, which is predictable. But we like to share blogger tales that don't intersect online. Thanks to Magz I have expanded my personal universe a bit, and have learned the joys of trying to write for an audience.

So I'm hoping it stays cloudy today. Days like that happen so seldom here. The return to the work week, the return to scheduling phone calls around the "free" minutes (grin), etc. A soft outer landscape will buffer the return to the daily grind!

5 Comments:

At 8/8/05, 1:08 PM, Blogger Christopher said...

Hi Taza,

I am a shared blogger between the two of you ;-)

Ahh the feel of a river. wish I could be there to feel something so wonderful

Take care Taza

Chris

 
At 8/8/05, 6:57 PM, Blogger Cliff said...

Let's get back to the beers!!

 
At 8/9/05, 9:49 AM, Blogger Ralph said...

Some of the best times are when no actual work is done. Great post.
I added you to my links - hope that is okay.
Ralph

 
At 8/9/05, 11:50 AM, Blogger Anne said...

taz... harbin is about 2 hours from me. i am on the mendocino coast. (everything is 2 hours from me, in my remote little world!) so cool that you are taking a little vacation there. what are the dates?

 
At 8/11/05, 3:05 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

You gals! Must be fab being just a car ride away from each other!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home