Thursday, July 14, 2005

the vacation fairy....

....has pointed her magic travelling wand at me and kazaaaam! Just like that I'm going to Harbin Hot Springs in August.

It had to be magic. A friend who has just moved there called the other night and waxed eloquent about how far out it all is, how I should move there and teach in the massage school, and by the way, Taza, there's a full-time opening in the health food store in the deli, right now! Well, says I, I'm not moving there this week, but I'll put it on the back burner and we'll see. "We'll see" is, as every parent knows, code for "Probably not, but I don't want to say 'No'."

Two days later, another friend called to say how disappointed she was that the trip she had planned to Harbin Hot Springs in August had to be cancelled as her travelling companion couldn't afford to go. He had told her 2 days prior and she was having a hard time letting go of it as she really, really wanted to go.

Et Voy Lee, just like that, the fairy saw her opportunity and whacked me a good one. Well, says I, I was just talking to Mindy about Harbin and she's there and I know she'd love to see some Tucson friends. Maybe I could go with you instead.

Ya think? says Nikki.

Well, why not? says I.

So that's how it happened. Mindy's going to try to score some passes for us, and in a month she will most likely have some sort of housing trip arranged, and if not then camping is perfectly fine with me. Gas will be about a hundred bucks each. Camping will be free or at least pretty cheap.

California, here I come!

8 Comments:

At 7/14/05, 10:51 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Taza you lucky sausage! Sounds heavenly, is it near Palm Springs?

 
At 7/15/05, 6:36 PM, Blogger Cliff said...

Now this is exciting. It will be fun to see what life changing experience will occur, since you are 'meant' to do this. You go girl.

 
At 7/15/05, 6:48 PM, Blogger Christopher said...

Great!!!

It is Magic or serindipity. I can feel the good vibes all the way up here in MN. And a road trip! those are the best.

 
At 7/15/05, 8:45 PM, Blogger magz said...

wah-HOOO! You go sis!

Need a critter-sitter while yer gone? Or taking em with ya?

(ahem. wish I knew a massage therapist.. I been working hard and have some serious cricks in my mid-back... right about here)

 
At 7/16/05, 6:48 AM, Blogger Me said...

...vacation... aaaaahhhh...
Have yourself a wide-eyed wonder wind, Taza!

 
At 7/16/05, 10:16 AM, Blogger taza said...

"Sausage" is right, Michelle--but thankfully I won't have to s-q-u-e-e-z-e into a bathing suit, as it's one a' those nekkid hippy places, a couple hours north of San Francisco....yee haw!

And yeah, Cliff, I'm kinda hoping for a most specially wondermous event, like, oh, a 'close encounter of the 3rd kind'! hehehehe

Yes Farmer Chris, it's been a long time since a road trip to someplace besides New Mexico, and I'm stoked! It's cool and tree filled and 's got full-time hot water and weekly dance jams. The perfect summer getaway!

Magz--your own personal massage therapist is headed your way this Tuesday night, *with* some ribeyes, so nurse those cricks along....I'll bring my table!

Cooter, Northern California is not all THAT far from Iowa, so pack an overnight bag and c'mon along!

 
At 7/17/05, 11:44 AM, Blogger mckait said...

YAY for you !!

Good things should happen.. and they do.. I am glad good things are happening for you :)

 
At 7/24/05, 1:46 PM, Blogger Anne said...

it's not far from me, and it is amazing! have fun. nice blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home