Tuesday, July 05, 2005

torpid stupor

I couldn't resist, those 2 words belong together. Plus, they describe my state to a "T" for the last couple of days. Unbelievably hot, swamp cooler bringing the indoor temp all the way down to !82! (I am NOT kidding)--so the intelligent person either goes to the mall, or takes a nap. I'm more inclined towards the latter as I don't like leaving the dogs out more than I have to.

I'm reading a lot of good "junk food" novels (Janet Evanovich, Robert Parker--thanks, Magz!) and just....slip......away.........for 20 minutes or so, sleep lightly, waken in the same position I was in pre-snooze, and continue with the book. Ahhhh. Siestas rule!

So, about last night....the party, the singing, etc. It was fun! I sang on 4 songs: Wild Horses, Feelin' All Right, Dead Flowers, and You Can't Always Get What You Want. Remember them? (In typing those titles I'm suddenly aware that 3/4 of them are Stones tunes. Hmmmm. The other band I sang in did 2 of the above, but a lot more Grateful Dead.) And it was a party, so very low-key, no pressure, friends in attendance, etc.

The performance is always different from the practice, so there were glitches of course, but nothing too serious. Like, the bass player didn't show....ooops! But it didn't really matter as the guitar player has a synth loop that he can make sound like just about anything--including sitar--so the bottom end was covered enough. Actually the bass player didn't show for practice either, so we'd done everything without him already.

Hope all y'all are enjoying the summer nights, ciao for now!

3 Comments:

At 7/6/05, 9:11 AM, Blogger I n g e r said...

Congrats! Sounds like a blast.

I think--if you look back into the program page for your old template--you can just copy and paste the old links into the existing template.

I mean, if you want to bother...

 
At 7/6/05, 1:44 PM, Blogger taza said...

I'll get around to it, one of these days. I replaced my template and therefore I can't access the old one.
I'm trying to Keep It Simple! Sure!
:)

 
At 7/6/05, 5:52 PM, Blogger Gel said...

Sounds fun! I can't sing. Not into the Stones but Grateful Dead rocks. CHeck out a blog bud of mine who uses Grateful Dead lyrics for short, beautiful posts. (in my link list, click on "Box of Rain".) Sorry I dont; have the url memorized.

New duds look nice here. COurse I'm partial to green. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home