Tuesday, May 29, 2007

all righty then!

words immortalized by Jim Carey....

it's hot, i'm not terribly busy, sweetie has his hands full, life goes on. would love to visit sweetieville and it's not happening in the foreseeable future. we are both broke. he has had to pay so much money to lawyer, custody evaluator, psychiatrist, etc.

so the dogs and i camp out in the house a lot. my son is going to build a shade for the western wall of my house. the neighbors cut down a tree last fall that provided a lot of shade for my bedroom and office. what a difference without it!

here's a cheap trick for the sunny side of your house: get one of those mylar emergency blankets sold to carry in your glovebox. cut it into pieces the size of your windows. tape into place. they are reflective but see-through at the same time, so you don't lose the entire view out the window, but they do reflect a lot of the rays and heat. it's what's keeping those 2 rooms in my house tolerable right now.

this is the first week of 98-99 degree days, every single day. sigh. i know, i chose to live here. i'm not complaining, just sighing.

:)

2 Comments:

At 5/29/07, 6:05 PM, Blogger mckait said...

mylar blankets, eh? genius!

hope you get those windows covered soon... and that you and sweetie find a way to get together sooner than you think....

 
At 6/3/07, 4:57 AM, Blogger Me said...

Wow, that's a good idea! Wish I'd known about it before my sister bought me cellular blinds for my house... would've made a big dif!

Hope all is well, Taza. I check in from time to time, but rarely comment (OR post) anymore! One of these days I'll post more pics of the yard; it's lookin' good!! Hugs to you and sweetie C!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home