Saturday, June 10, 2006

happy anniversary!

one year ago today i read the following post on my first visit to a certain someone's blog:

__________________________________________________
Friday, June 10, 2005
Bringing home a wish
After the sun had disappeared and the cool night air had settled on the water I found myself alone and at peace. I kicked off my sandals and put my shirt over them. Tonight I needed more than connection, I wanted to be touched. I wanted to hear the water roll over my shoulders. I needed to be floating where the dark sky and the water meets. Swimming on my back and looking up at the sky while feeling the water flow over me I am comforted by not having anything in particular to do but breath, float and listen.

I picked some water Iris blooms as I was getting out of the water and onto the path through the woods. Arriving at my car I turned one last time to take it all in, the trees reflecting in the water, the crickets trying to outdo the frogs in their chorus, the sky dark but comforting. If only I could just take a deep breath and take it all inside of me and take it home.

I wrote this post to the glow of one candle in my quiet apartment. The water Iris are beautifully soft-focused in the flicker of the candle light. Perhaps, I smile, my wish has come true because tonight I feel peace even here in the darkness of my apartment.
___________________________________________________

one year later, i have a vase of wild irises on my bedside table, picked from the same plant mentioned above and brought to this dusty hot desert (in a ziploc bag lined with wet paper towels) by the sweetest man to share my life. i am incredibly blessed to have been introduced to him through the miracle of technology and the serendipity of friendship.

my friend magz from maggiezfarm got me blogging, and i first clicked on farmerinthcity at justitia's blog. the rest, as they say, is history!

of course it took a little longer for us to realize we were going to have a romance, but this day was the first connection. so, please, tell someone you love them today, in honor of that first point of contact!

smiling big, chris is here, i am happy.

5 Comments:

At 6/10/06, 11:46 AM, Blogger Christopher said...

I am blessed. Love you

 
At 6/10/06, 2:13 PM, Blogger nancy =) said...

what a story...blessings to the both of you =)

peace...

 
At 6/10/06, 5:44 PM, Blogger sjobs said...

Congrats on your year connection...

Enjoy your time with Chris.

Good luck to both of you.

Mary

 
At 6/10/06, 7:54 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Whod'a thunk i coulda a run a matchmakin service all the way from down under!!!!

Congrats! :o)

 
At 6/11/06, 5:08 AM, Blogger mckait said...

I am happy for your happy..

I have said for a long time, that the internet holds magic... it has touched me two, in a differnt way..

love is such a gift!

He sounds amazing... !
Maybe he does deserve you... ( as you sound pretty amazing yourself ..*smile*)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home