Sunday, May 21, 2006

recipe saturday

i made this the other night for a test run before bringing it to a memorial day party next week....and it's yummy! the leftovers are going to the sweat with me this morning....cut into little sqares, it's great finger-food!

i'll try making it with fresh berries next time, to see how that changes the end result. i've enjoyed it cold with a drizzle of maple syrup on top. wonderfully easy, and a great summer dessert!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blueberry Couscous Cake

(from Yoga International)

This is a luscious cake--dense, moist, and rich-tasting, yet fat-free. Serve it topped with unsweetened raspberry or strawberry jam or orange marmalade, thinned with a little water. It's great the next morning for breakfast, too.
(Yields one 9" x 14" cake)

6 C. apple juice (i used unfiltered organic)
1 T. vanilla extract
3 C. couscous (regular, not whole wheat)
1 pint blueberries (i used 2 C. frozen mixed berries and it worked all right)

1) Wash blueberries gently under cool water. Set aside on paper towels to dry.
2) Place the apple juice, vanilla, and couscous in a large pot and bring to a boil. Stir continuously, until the couscous has thickened and all the juice has been absorbed.
3) Gently fold the blueberries into the hot couscous. Pour immediately into a 9" x 14" shallow baking pan that has been rinsed but not dried. Chill until set, about 2 hours.

5 Comments:

At 5/21/06, 8:34 AM, Blogger taza said...

hey back, scrappy rose!
feel free to email me the fruit pizza recipe! tazag@yahoo.com

 
At 5/21/06, 2:55 PM, Blogger Christopher said...

Hi Taza,

I copied your recipe to my hard drive. I looking forward to trying it.

 
At 5/21/06, 10:54 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Hmmmm, i dunno, where's the eggs,sugar,chocolate,double cream???

 
At 5/22/06, 3:49 AM, Blogger mckait said...

look good taz... i will by copying this one..

thanks!

I also read the saga of the futon..

I have what i call my run away from home money.. I put a ten or twenty in each time i can.. it has held as much as a 1,200$ and as little as 150$

I really did plan to run away from home at one point, but the universe had other ideas...

I used half of my money to buy myself a bed. a nice double bed with a not real expensive mattress .. and a bookshelf headboard. i had been sleeping on a daybed that i had boought for my daughter years ago.. i always felt like a vampire, sleeping in a coffin!

the bed is the best thing i ever bought myself. going to my room at night is a pleasure.. and i have not regretted it for a moment..

someday, when you can.. treat yourself to a nice new bed..

right now i have a gallon jug that i use to drop silver ( mostly quarters) into.. it is about 3/4 full.. I have no idea how much is in there.. but i do not want to find out until i can't fit another dime into it..

i spend a lot of time trying to decide what i will give myself when the time comes ! :) a laptop? a carpet for my bedroom?

any ideas? :)

have a happy one, my friend.. and remember to do nice things for you!

 
At 5/23/06, 3:32 AM, Blogger mckait said...

yeah... you know how it is... glamingo "corpses" can be unsettling!

actually.. flicka flamingo is traveling the world gor a group from flicker.. ( the photo site) and i was invited to join.. its a dog people thing.. click the pic and follow the yellow brick road if you are interested in getting in on it..

as for the money jar.. good suggestion.. better start stuffing in some bills..
:D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home