Thursday, July 28, 2005

Chubasco strip

No, it's not a new cut of meat, or condiment. Nor a poker-and-tequila game, for that matter--but if it were, Cootera could make up the rules. It's the cartoon I got my last post from. I said it was an article, but I bent the truth a bit. Hey, at least it was actually in the Sunday paper.

http://www.dailystar.com/dailystar/allheadlines/85036.php

I have no idea how to make it an automatic link, so guess you will have to cut and paste if you want to read it. Sorry!

I'm feeling so good these days. Recently began swimming 4-5 days a week, and I can feel the gradual increase in heart-lung efficiency; the return of ease and reach in my stroke; the cadence of slap slap slap breathe, slap slap slap breathe. I swam in college, but never competitively. (Built for comfort, not for speed. Ahem.)

Plus the morning walks are longer, more enjoyable. Today we saw 3 coyotes again. (Were they the same 3 that attacked Angus? We don't know, we didn't go ask.) The hawks joined us on the portion of the walk that traverses their habitat. The sky was cloaked in upside-down pillow-top clouds (pillow-bottom clouds?) this morning, quilted across the horizon. Very nice to have some cloud cover.

Slipping into August already. Where does the time go?

5 Comments:

At 7/28/05, 6:35 PM, Blogger Cliff said...

Well congrats to you for your program. I hope you can stick with it better than I can. We're so pleased because the mornings have been mostly in the lower 50's. What a break from our crappy humidity. Have a nice weekend taz!!

 
At 7/28/05, 8:48 PM, Blogger Anne said...

wow, great job with the swimming regimen! inspirational, even. swimming has always been my most-favorite. we mostly have ocean or river swimming around these parts.
there jave been bear sitings not far from us recently.

 
At 7/29/05, 4:35 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Ssshhhh, before ya know it will be December!

 
At 7/29/05, 4:37 AM, Blogger Me said...

The Chubasco Strip rules are as follows: for every shot of tequila, pull a card. If it's not a face card, remove one item of clothing. If you pull a face card, choose someone else (or yourself if so inclined... and exhibitionistic) to remove one article of clothing. If it's an ace, you must remove two articles of clothing. Drink, play, repeat... until you get kicked out of the bar.

Way to go on the swimming; it's my fave form of exercise. Enjoy your weather, your walks and the hawks!

 
At 7/29/05, 9:48 AM, Blogger Christopher said...

Hi Taza,

There is something to the rythem of swimming, I love it so. Not to mention morning walks in wild places.

August already (well almost). wow time is moving so fast and their is so much to enjoy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home