Tuesday, July 26, 2005

groggy

I slept in this morning, due to a heinously long--but nevertheless delightful--phone conversation last night. Angus sounded the alarm at 5:30 a.m. sharp (his bark is piercing, even through doors), so I let both the dogs in and fell back into bed. He just couldn't believe I wasn't getting up, but I'd had exactly 2 1/2 hours of sleep at that point, and even his enthusiasm for the day couldn't persuade me to rouse.

When I finally got up at 9:30 there were 5 dogs toys on my bed; his tether ball, a couple of squeakies, a sock with knot tied in it (his first toy, awwww...), and even a bud from a barrel cactus. I hadn't known he'd appropriated them as toys, but he's so creative that way.

Seems to be the return of the swelter, as a storm walked all the way to my door yesterday and then once again declined to delivered the goods. My Weatherbug was flipping out, flashing *Weather Alert* messages every 2 minutes about dime-sized hail, 60-mph wind gusts, threats (promises?) of torrential rain in a short period, flash flooding, etc.

So it's a sunny day (darn), we've missed our riverwalk, and it's time to go swimming. Thank goodness for city pools, where a workout doesn't bring me to the edge of heatstroke.

ciao for now!

8 Comments:

At 7/26/05, 1:24 PM, Blogger mckait said...

this post made me laugh out loud!

hope your day was fabulous..!!

hug thos doggies an extra time tonight.. just 'cause :)

 
At 7/26/05, 3:20 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Well if that Angus aint the sweetest puppy :)

 
At 7/26/05, 11:45 PM, Blogger magz said...

do you have a place you can swim the dawgz?

what? what? was that a nay i heard? well then sis, pack em into the truck and bring em on... for I... have 'cowponds' dawg heaven.

 
At 7/27/05, 9:59 AM, Blogger Loner said...

YOu know it is jut to flipping hot when torrential rains and flash floods sound like relief!!!

 
At 7/27/05, 2:40 PM, Blogger I n g e r said...

OK, T, I have now made my type bigger AND killed my music for you. If that's not blogger love...

:)

 
At 7/27/05, 3:58 PM, Blogger Christopher said...

Hi Taza,

:) ahhhh

 
At 7/28/05, 7:53 AM, Blogger magz said...

hope yesterday's wet-thear meade it over J's mountain and dropped a few on ya...

oh.. and a nice shot of Mony-mona's on top of mine..

 
At 7/28/05, 1:46 PM, Blogger taza said...

McKait, glad to hear you are laughing once again. It's been a rough stretch for you. Also glad to hear you have read 5th Sacred Thing. Awesome, powerful book!

Yes Michelle, he's a keeper. In spite of himself, almost...

Magz, cowpond sounds muddy but fun. Is the San Pedro running yet?

I know, Loner, we get so masochistic around here this time of year.

Inger, bless your boots! Yes, that is blogger love. I'm blushing.

Farmer Chris, thank you for the ahh, and the smiley.

And again Magz--no rain here at my specific address, but SE Tucson got spanked good, out near Ryan's Field. Sigh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home