Wednesday, June 22, 2005

hhhhhhhhhhhhhot

I was not only Awake, but Up this morning at 3:05 to turn on the cooler. So much for the 'slim psychological margin' against the heat I mentioned several posts ago. Last night at 11:00 p.m. it was still 98 degrees here. This morning at 7:00 a.m. it's already 85.

Magz wrote a great post about Ally's visit. Click on her link to your right to read it. My time with the dynamic sister-duo was too short to be tons of fun, but we did spend some quality time by the pool, drank a couple of beers, and had some bizarre blue (envision cloudy Windex) liqueur that was quite tasty. Just before I had to come back the the Baked Apple, we ordered in pizza and salad and wings. Magz wasn't in the best of moods, so it was a low-key visit, but nevertheless a good one.

Sometimes family is the best medicine.

My family is still all East of the Mississippi. It's just my sibs now since my dad passed a couple of Christmases ago. We don't stay in the best touch, but there's a deep current of loyalty and affection between us. My oldest sister got married yesterday on the beach on Galveston Island, with only the groom, the ?minister? JP? (don't know), and a photographer present. I would have loved to be there, but it's pretty apparent they were into a minimalist event. At least there will be pictures! She and her husband have just opened an art gallery/design space in the area. My brother is in D.C., the great white underbelly of our poisoned nation, and works for himself as an advertising copy-writer. And other sis is in northern PA in a quaint hamlet where she and her husband take pride in their small-town oddities, and where they are both making a living as writers. We're a quirky family.

I'm the one who had to leave the nest to find herself, and I did out here in the vastness of desert space. Too much foliage makes me nervous now.

I have to leave for work. This post remains unfinished, but oh well....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home