Monday, July 18, 2005

"blue balls"

Do y'all know what that means? Like getting sooooooooooooooo close to "getting it" and then you don't? Teased to the point of pain? Raise your hand if you've been there! (Gotcha!)

That was our "storm" last night, the one that dumped 2 inches of rain at Maggie's Farm and nary a drop in my yard, a mere 50 miles away. Well, OK, like maybe 75 drops. It was big wind, and big dark, and even some lightning and faraway thunder, but never, never, never paid off. Grrrrrrrrrr.....but at least it's a bit cooler. There has to be an up-side, right?

This morning on our riverwalk, I was chatting with a friend in West Virginia when I heard an ungodly noise of something being attacked. "Something" turned out to be Angus, fighting off 3 coyotes--successfully I might add! I got to the scene in time to see them loping off up the embankment, with a few other hikers calling out to see if he was all right. They'd watched the whole thing.

We're going to the vet anyway for some shots for him this morning, so I'll get him checked out, but I didn't see any blood. He did poop himself, but I would've too. We got home and I gave him a bath, and he's sacked out at the foot of my chair right now. I think he's on life #5; how many do dogs get?

Next post: the dogs go AWOL!

6 Comments:

At 7/18/05, 2:58 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Yaaaaaaaaay for Angus! That boys gonna be round for a mighty long time :)

 
At 7/18/05, 3:52 PM, Blogger Christopher said...

That Angus is sure an exciting critter/person.

 
At 7/19/05, 4:22 AM, Blogger Cliff said...

my hand is raised.

 
At 7/19/05, 5:03 AM, Blogger lightfeather said...

wow! Quite a story. Three cheers for Angus! I got very excited about the rain last night. Wind roaring and some really big original splatters. Not much else to follow, but it was RAIN!

 
At 7/19/05, 5:07 AM, Blogger I n g e r said...

What an amazing fellow! You guys seem like a good match...

 
At 7/19/05, 7:56 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Did you know there's a cure for blue balls (aside from the obvious)? Do sit-ups, and it restores the proper blood flow. Not nearly as satisfying, though. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home