Saturday, May 21, 2005

land of la la

Slowly roasting onward, 9:40 p.m. and still 97 degrees in the Old Pueblo! It was so hot today that I refused to use my car air conditioning....I can be contrary like that. My eyes were sweating!

So after work I grabbed a couple movies (The Notebook and Ray), came home and proceeded to couch potato myself into near oblivion by watching the smarmy Notebook movie. I'll save Ray for tomorrow.

My son's father and stepmother were all set to leave out of Ft. Lauderdale for a cruise for their recent birthdays, when suddenly the male half of the equation found himself in a dead faint at Marshall's. 2 days later, he's still in the hospital with a diagnosis of bleeding ulcers. They're trying to stabilize him with drugs and hope to cauterize the areas, but were unable to figure out exactly where the bleeding is coming from, so (needless to say) the cruise will be postponed until a later date. I'm just happy it all went down before they got on a ship and were miles away from a good hospital! Nothing like a little catastrophic emergency to remind me of the fickle nature of health and life in general. I decided to listen to 2 Buddhist teachings tonight....in honor of the fickle nature, etc. etc. etc.

So tonight I'm thankful for good health, good dogs, and good cooking. In approximately that order.

ciao for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home