Monday, May 23, 2005

freakin badpatty freakin got me!

1. What is the total volume of music files on your computer?

0...As in ZERO.
I have a little bitty brain-in-a-box here, a late model 1999 Gateway Astro that I bought when I lived in a 23' travel trailer in the boonies an hour north of Maggie's Farm. It was resurrected when I moved away from the giant-suburban-home-with-a-great-big-Dell last Christmas, and you would not believe how I have to whip the gerbils just to get email out of them. (Oh, don't worry, they like it. I only buy BDSM gerbils.)

2. What is the last CD you bought?

Derek and the Dominos, Layla. I don't buy new music so much as re-aquire my favorites on whatever new medium they've come up with now.

3. What song is playing right now?

I don't listen to music all that much although I love it dearly. Go figure. Guess it's because I don't have any stored on my computer! (*now that's a thought*)

4. Five songs I listen to a lot, or that mean a lot to me:

The entire Passion lp by Peter Gabriel. Never saw The Last Temptation of Christ but don't think I need to b/c I just about memorized the soundtrack. PG is a genius!

In terms of a fave PG song, there are lots....Yes, badpatty, Don't Give Up is awesome. Much of the material on Us is permanently locked in my brain pan as well....

Then there are the songs that put me in a special mood, or pull something out of me when I least expect it. To that end: The Boss and that weird little short song about the train. Whooo-hoooo-hooo, his falsetto at the end makes my heart contract!

Loved Steve Winwood's first solo offering, Arc of a Diver. It came out in the ?early 80's? The song Spanish Dancer is killer. Very sinuous, nice to dance to. And it's followed by Night Train which is a great segue for cuttin' the rug. My little house has a long tile hallway. I put it to good use during those tunes!

And for the past week or two, I haven't been able to get most of Stagefright by The Band out of my head, so I've been playing it a bunch. It's Just Another Whistlestop....

5. To whom am I passing this, and why?

I ain't passing it. You wanna cut and paste and send it on to someone? Feel free, it's blogland.

OK Bad Patty? You satisfied, you Creative Loafer you? (Can you guess I used to live in Hot'Lanta?)

The weather report: it's gone from 103 to 105 in the time it took me to cut, paste, and answer those questions. And I'm getting ready to Go Out There and Drive Around. Sick, I know.

ciao for now....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home