Monday, December 26, 2005

Scratch that last post.....

The bad news: Chris is broke down in Des Moines.

The good news: Chris is broke down in Des Moines--instead of on the interstate!

He thought he missed a turn, so got off the road he was on and ended up in a Target parking lot, where he suddenly noticed smoke coming from under the hood of his new-to-him '95 Saab. He luckily knows a thing or two about cars, so was pretty sure it was the AC belt, which instead of being a separate belt he could cut, was one of those serpentine universal belts which runs everything at once--AC, water pump, power steering, etc. He figured a bearing somewhere was wearing on the belt, and decided to hang in Des Moines for the night, as he had just missed closing at the Saab dealership there.

Oh, yeah, some other good news is that Des Moines has a Saab dealership!

He just called from the Motel 6 parking lot, 2 blocks from where the belt finally broke. "I don't have power steering anymore," he announced. He'll call the dealership in the morning to see if it's safe to drive there without the belt, and we'll see tomorrow how the dice shake out on this little unexpected detour.

Well, the first part of Chris' Big Adventure is certainly adventurous so far!

Michelle, the wonder girlfriend, called me back just a minute ago and offered to drive out there from Lincoln if necessary--"it's only about 4 hours from here!" Chris had called her, and i did too, as she has her (local # for me) cell phone with her.

Wow. I'm so glad he stopped, or else he could have been stranded on the interstate with no options but a 75-mile towing bill on top of whatever the belt replacement will cost!

Counting the blessings!
:)

4 Comments:

At 12/26/05, 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Omigawd, your real life saga has me spellbound. I'm guessing you're off the scale with anticipation. How FUN is this new love adventure.

 
At 12/26/05, 11:12 PM, Blogger sjobs said...

I am sending good thoughts your way. I sure hope Chris gets things settled and fixed quickly.

My new friend met the family on Friday night. It is funny because I seem to be the only one with second thoughts on introducing everyone.

My dad even invited him to my home town for Christmas. Ok, I am just not ready for that...... Thank God he cannot make it because of basketball....

Please keep us informed on what is going on....

Mary

 
At 12/27/05, 8:31 AM, Blogger Cliff said...

This is all happening in my neck of the woods Taza. I'm betting they'll be fixed up right quick. Happy New Year to y'all.

 
At 12/27/05, 9:45 AM, Blogger nancy =) said...

sending all good vibes to chris and his saab...

much love and all good things to you, taz dear...

peace...

~ n

 

Post a Comment

<< Home