Monday, December 12, 2005

counting the days

well, as of today it is 18 days at the most until my sweet minnesota man pulls up in my driveway and shouts, "hi honey, i'm home!"

for some reason i am not yet going totally insane with housecleaning et al. if you recall from mid-september (his first visit and our first meeting), it took until the morning of his flight for me to get my ass in gear! (thank goodness, the man isn't picky about housecleaning. needless to say that could have been a deal-breaker!)

it's obvious that my son comes by his procrastinating tendencies very naturally.

i want to sort through all the dreck and extraneous crap in my house and live lighter, throw away the unnecessaries and clean out the closets. my hope is that chris and i will do this together. he has asked for a 'honey-do' list (can you believe this guy?) and i look forward to working with him on homey projects.

meanwhile, my life is quiet. i've had a dearth of private clients, so the dogs and i have been doing the winter thing of early bed, late rise (compared to the summertime wake-up of 5:30, 7:00 feels very late indeed!). it's not too cold, but the light is diminished. as the sun gives less and less light daily, i find myself turning inwards, staying homewards, reading, cooking, baking.

i am so ready to be with chris without conversation--or more precisely, with the sort of conversation conducted without words. the conversation of glances, smiles, twinkles, sly gestures, etc....the fabric of love, the rhythm of bondedness, the energy of growth together.

i left st. paul on 1 november. it has been 6 weeks since we last held each other, gazed into one another's eyes, kissed. it will be 2 and a half more weeks until we get to do any of those things again. my my, i never thought of myself as a patient person--but for the right thing, waiting is worth it.

10 Comments:

At 12/12/05, 9:41 PM, Blogger Christopher said...

Conversations without wires or gadgets, shared space :) we do this so well. It has been a long time, soon I will be unlocking your gate, coming home to you.

 
At 12/13/05, 9:00 AM, Blogger Me said...

Aw... you guys make me feel all warm and toasty. And even though there's no man in my life (YET), I have a sudden urge to take the day off work, go home and do 'homey' things. 'Course, I usually feel like that in this season. I'm a nester...

 
At 12/13/05, 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angie said it better than I could.

 
At 12/13/05, 4:03 PM, Blogger sjobs said...

Taz-Thanks for stopping over....

Who is this man? Does Chris have a last name???

 
At 12/14/05, 9:46 AM, Blogger Christopher said...

Happy Birthday Taza!!!

 
At 12/14/05, 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy happy b-day Taza!!!!

 
At 12/14/05, 11:50 AM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

You'll be doing the hurry clean make it all prefect thing soon enough. For now just enjoy the thoughts of what you're planning for him when he arives. :)
You two crazy kids are too cute!
Lois Lane

 
At 12/14/05, 3:49 PM, Blogger nancy =) said...

taz i missed your b'day!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WOMAN!! please you've got to post the right date so i don't miss it again...

i'm so happy that you and your man will be together soon =)

all the best to the 2 of you!!

peacemas...

 
At 12/14/05, 8:55 PM, Blogger Anne said...

i know just how you feel.
and it's great.

and a happy, but belated birthday to you, miz taza!

 
At 12/26/05, 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that... was a very wonderful way of putting it... the non-verbal communication part. taz, I love ya, as always

 

Post a Comment

<< Home