Saturday, December 17, 2005

purely joyful

wow, nothing like an early-morning romp with a young dog to get me in the mood to face the day!

it was quite chilly this morning on the riverbed. angus has grown bigger than i ever thought he'd get--must be the Puppy Chow!--and is as active as two or three of sun bear and myself combined. today i discovered a wonderful new game to wear his energy down a bit: i crouch behind a shrub, tree, or clump of tall weeds and call his name. he comes running, and at the last moment i jump out and make a growly noise at him.

his response is to run run run away and dash around madly in what i call the "puppy rush". it's funny to watch him veer and swerve around me, and i must look approximately like a beached manatee in comparison, lunging awkwardly and lumpily around this young quicksilvery pup. but it is great fun anyway, and sun bear gets to wander around, following her nose leisurely while angus is otherwise engaged. we all win, even any spectators, who must be quite amused at the scenario.

meanwhile, I'M GETTING NERVOUS about chris' impending arrival. not in a "this isn't going to work" kind of way, but more in a "this is a big big change" sort of way. and change, while often instructive, is just different from the same old thing (duh), which i've gotten pretty used to. To which i've gotten pretty used? Put that way, the phrase takes on a whole new meaning!

so i'm overeating nervously, not-cleaning the house, spending too much time playing solitare, and not-going to holiday parties. well, that last thing is fairly normal for me, hermitesse that i am--but 'tis the season, after all, and all that.

i may take myself to a pajama party tonight--that's only one of about 5 different fun concerts, dances, and parties going on in my immediate circle of friends. or i may once again stay home with the dogs--my little animal family (faminaly) and i.

have a wonderful weekend y'all!

4 Comments:

At 12/17/05, 10:39 PM, Blogger lightfeather said...

I'm just catching up so that I can catch up again sometime soon. Your life is in order, your priorities straight. All is right in the world of Taz. Life is good.

Love to you,
Lighty

 
At 12/18/05, 5:05 AM, Blogger mckait said...

That sounds like a blast.. !
lucky doggies to have you and such a great place to play.

I have always been fearful of having my dogs off leash.. and also.. I live in town.. no fun places like that too nearby..

Then of course I feel guilty when i hear about other pups having so much fun..

furkids give me as much guilt as my other kids..honestly!

I too usually choose my dogs over people, parties and so on..

You are right.. change is coming to your life., but hopefully good change, and happy change...

I can understand the little nagging nervousness though..

I am happy tht you are having someone to come into your life and cherish you.. warm you and love you..
we all deserve that I think?

Once he gets there, I suspect that you will feel calm and just plain happy.. !

I told Duncan about your romp.. and he moved closer to the fire.. guess he feels lazy this morning!

I would love to see pics of your pups!

 
At 12/18/05, 5:59 PM, Blogger Jade said...

sound like fun, as for Chris.. lets just say your normal, LOL..things will be just fine and wonderful when he arrives.. hope you have a wonderful holiday and enjoy that sun...HUGGZ

 
At 12/19/05, 12:39 PM, Blogger sjobs said...

Cold, Taz, it was -7 here this morning...... That is darn cold..

It is natural to be feeling the way you are nervous....It will all work out and life will be wonderful.

Have a great week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home