Friday, September 16, 2005

:-)

Well--anyone who believed that last post about my not really cleaning the house--contact me privately, I have some real estate in Florida I'd like to discuss with you!

Hee, hee, hee--in truth, I spent a good 4 hours rearranging the porch, cleaning every room in the house (I'm talking hands and knees in the corners with Formula 409 on a paper towel here), doing 3 loads of laundry, and transporting many many boxes of STUFF to the storage trailer (yeah, that's why my back hurts today, honest!!) At about the last minute, my neighbor Maria came over to accompany me to the store to buy fresh flowers. Now I AM a fresh flower gal--this was not some subterfuge to make me appear more groovy than I am for real--but I must admit to being a bit disappointed that my guest's favorite flowers (irises) weren't available. I settled for stargazer lilies and purple-and-white astromeria (sp?)--and then it was time to shower hearty and go to the airport.

Tucson's airport is small and manageable in size even though it's an International Airport. Quite casual compared to the mammoth maze of the Phoenix airport, where I always get lost. I'm glad he flew into Tucson.

Waiting, waiting, waiting at the entrance to the DO NOT ENTER TICKETED PASSENGERS ONLY ramp....I examined every male coming down the corridor and no, no, no, no, no! Thoughts of betrayal flitted through my head, then my better sense took hold and I just knew that since he'd had a window seat, he'd be one of the last to emerge--as he's the kind of guy who'd wave everyone on before him (actually, it turned out that he was helping a little old lady find her son, so I was on the right track).

And then, my eyes clicked on his from 25 yards away (the length of a regulation size swimming pool and the only distance I can safely hazard without measuring). He was looking right at me as soon as I was looking at him. Oh my. Big big grins, no rushing but steady measured progress towards one another, then the big big hugs, and that's when I began trembling uncontrollably.

Here, gentle reader, I'll draw the curtains shut, for privacy and because it's so much more fun to keep you "in the dark."

Oh, and by the way, Maria called this morning to make sure the coast was clear for her to bring us a special delivery of--guess what--irises!

:-)

8 Comments:

At 9/16/05, 6:11 PM, Blogger magz said...

fukin spammers! sheesh... now, on to my comment...

awwwwwwwwww....... (grin!) double poinks, glad yer alive! love ya like a sister anna brother.. see ya TOMORROW!

 
At 9/17/05, 6:43 AM, Blogger Me said...

Mmm... irises. In the dark.

 
At 9/17/05, 9:20 AM, Blogger Anne said...

cool, man. i LOVE love. makes me want to tell my little love story on my blog one day, maybe. best to you and "he"

 
At 9/17/05, 11:56 AM, Blogger magz said...

IT'S SATURDAY .... NEARLY NOON........

 
At 9/17/05, 5:58 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

AAAAAAAAAwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.......who'd a thunk it ehhh!!

 
At 9/18/05, 5:02 AM, Blogger mckait said...

I can FEEL the happiness.. may it last forever!

 
At 9/18/05, 5:52 AM, Blogger I n g e r said...

I'm happy, happy, happy, reading your happy tale.

 
At 9/18/05, 3:16 PM, Blogger Christopher said...

Hi Girlfriend!

Nothing like commenting on your blog while we on our seperate computers, our feet touching as we type away enjoying a shared space together

 

Post a Comment

<< Home