Tuesday, November 20, 2012

today it's a few tears

This being human is a guest house
Every morning a new arrival.
A joy, a depression, a meanness,
some momentary awareness comes
as an unexpected visitor.
Welcome and entertain them all!
Even if they are a crowd of sorrows,
who violently sweep your house
empty of its furniture,
still treat each guest honorably.
He may be clearing you out for some new delight.
The dark thought, the shame, the malice,
meet them at the door laughing,
and invite them in.
Be grateful for whoever comes,
because each has been sent
as a guide from beyond.  
~Rumi

2 Comments:

At 12/11/12, 3:23 PM, Blogger taza said...

Man, it's a few tears again today. I still feel so hurt, from time to time, that i wonder if i will ever get over it, or ever venture into heart bonding again.
I try to take the high road, understanding as i can, but sometimes i am still so angry, and still feel just crushed.
I know i am a strong woman. I am grateful for my friends who remind me of this.

 
At 8/9/13, 10:20 AM, Blogger Tara said...

Being 'in love' for me is like manic depression. The highs and lows are killin' me. Which is why I'm not in a relationship! Much calmer this way. If someone clonks me over the head with their fabulousness, great; if not, great. Sometimes it's "one day at a time!"

btw, I'm 56 as well. Did you ever imagine being single at 56? Not me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home