Sunday, September 21, 2008

galveston blues

go HERE to see some incredible, sad, amazing pictures of Ike's legacy.


these pix rendered me speechless.

my sister and her husband live (lived?) in Galveston. their business--an art gallery and studio, with living quarters above--has no doubt been completely devastated. they just finished renovating it from the inside out....are in hock up to their eye teeth....and now have no home, no livelihood.

they are hoping to be able to go take a look today, sneaking in with the help of a friend who is a contractor and can put them on his "list." (the only people allowed on the island right now are emergency workers and contractors.)

i sent this link to my other sister and brother, but can't imagine sending it to her right now. plus, i have no idea if she has computer access anyway. they are staying with elderly friends in College Station, and she feels they are overtaxing their hosts.

she said, "I really want to go home, but there is no home to go to."

please send prayers--i know you already are, so thank you.

1 Comments:

At 9/22/08, 2:52 PM, Blogger alan said...

I've been talking with someone who rode it out just east of there...I can't believe she survived...

I hope somehow that things turn out OK for everyone, especially your family!

alan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home