Monday, August 06, 2007

stormy monday

rain rain rain rain rain rain rain

the streets were all rivers this morning as a soft steady rain gently pummeled the pavement. i had a breakfast date with a friend that i had to cancel--after trying to make it through the flooded intersections and finding huge traffic jams on the main streets, i opted to turn around and go home.

sam, my kitty, has some kind of big problem with his hind end. he showed up friday night, unable to walk, and i've nursed him with kitty morphine (torbutrol) and colloidal silver all weekend. he's improved gradually each day, and i hope to avoid the vet's office if possible. i can't afford a vet bill right now! i kited a check to my landlord saturday, and will have to empty my business account to cover it.

and i just got a cancellation for tomorrow from a couple of disability clients whose SSD check hasn't come yet. i give this couple an insanely good deal b/c they are on a limited income. another regular client has been out of town for 2 weeks, and i'm really missing those checks!

my bottom line has disappeared. meanwhile, i am facing a mountain of debt myself--i won't say exactly how much (but at least it's under $20,000).

maybe i should apply for disability. this past weekend i truly felt as though i was losing my mind. relationship & finances in the crapper, and then sam getting hurt as well. that seemed like the cruelest extra.

i do keep giving thanks for the things that are working: my car, my health, my community of friends, my wonderful son, my doggy companions.

and, of course, the blogosphere....

3 Comments:

At 8/6/07, 1:00 PM, Blogger Laloofah said...

Well, things happen in threes and that's three: relationship, finances, and Sam! Time for things to turn around now, I'd say. I hope Sam recovers quickly... same thing happened to my friend's guinea pig last week... her hind end just suddenly stopped working! She recovered fairly quickly with no veterinary intervention required, so may the same be true for your Sam. Take good care and be well, Taza! Much love to you...

 
At 8/6/07, 1:22 PM, Blogger alan said...

Sorry "the whirl" had caught me up of late and I haven't been here as often as I would like to have!

At this point, I know the one thing I will take to the grave with me is my debt...I'm glad yours is less!

May things brighten soon!

alan

 
At 8/7/07, 2:58 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Taz-Hang in there. Financially it is a struggle here also. Like Alan, I think I will bring debt to my grave.

Mary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home