Monday, May 30, 2005

My son's Costa Rica trip link

http://campus.azintl.edu/~shermanp/CostaRicaFieldCourse/TropicalBiologyAnnouncement.htm
It really sounds like a superb trip. Meanwhile, his best friend is on an Alaskan cruise with his girlfriend and her family. I tell ya, the kids today....

The summer after high school, I went on an Outward Bound cycling expedition in Nova Scotia. My parents wanted me to learn something about Accountability and Personal Responsibility (and assorted other "-ilities") and this was their choice. I was having a great time right up to the point where I got hit by a car and chipped my left fibula. It was truly amazing that nothing worse happened to me--the bike's rear wheel looked like a piece of Mod-ren Scoolp-tyah.

At any rate, I learned that having a walking cast is cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home