Sunday, August 23, 2009

R.I.P. Jasmine Fiore

it's been a long time since i knew this girl, but know her i did....she was about 9, and my son was 6; i was running a riding stables and they often went riding together. her horse--a Morgan cross--was named Flashy Lad; my son had good old Amigo, a Welsh pony, for his trusty steed.

this was in the early 90's. my son is now 25, and Jasmine is now in the Heaven world, and i'm asking for prayers for her today. she was murdered a week ago, and the media is having a fine time plastering pix of her and her alleged killer (sordid details available on any news site) on the screen.

what can i say, except that i am grieving the seemingly inescapable pain of human relations, when in my heart i know it could be so different. is it irresponsible to disconnect from the media so that my tenderness is not constantly exploited and rubbed raw by the sensationalistic stories of 'man's inhumanity to man'?

i watched the new moon rising last night, the beautiful crescent hung atop the pink and blue clouds of a desert sunset. a hawk floated across the sky and my heart soared with the beauty of this world, in spite of us.

2 Comments:

At 8/25/09, 9:56 AM, Blogger Anne said...

did you live in bonny doon? my son went to santa cruz high with her.

 
At 8/26/09, 12:24 AM, Blogger taza said...

nope, i never got further West than Tucson....i mean to live, not visit.

her mom has long-time old-time friends here. we have held her in our hearts this week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home