Sunday, July 02, 2006

ahhhh

sunday night, the town's empty, i'm sun-kissed and water-cooled. i remembered how to siphon the bottom dirt out of the stock tank this evening, then topped it off with cool fresh hose water and took a refreshing dip just moments ago.

the eastern horizon is flashing with nature's own fireworks and the air is still and a bit sultry (for us, 21% humidity is a LOT)....

peace to all
as we recall
the labor of
our nation's birth;
i pray we will
remember still
the goal we share
of peace on earth

4 Comments:

At 7/3/06, 7:15 AM, Blogger Me said...

I'm really starting to think that I need a stock tank of my own.

 
At 7/3/06, 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm clueless. It's humid here following the recent rains. Not fun. We're living in the pool 3-6pm. Thinking of you and sending love, veronica

 
At 7/4/06, 11:52 AM, Blogger nancy =) said...

have no idea what a stock tank is but it sounds pretty damn cool to me...is it like one of those things they use in the islands to recycle the rain water?

anyway, loved the poem...peace on earth, indeed...

~ with much love =)

 
At 7/5/06, 9:12 PM, Blogger lightfeather said...

Think peace. Be peace. Share peace.
I love your poem and I love you.

Peace,
Lighty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home