Sunday, November 20, 2005

no excuses for the blueses

So much to be thankful for, i can't figure out why i've got the blues today. I went to a Thanksgiving potluck (this year, i think i'm celebrating most of the WEEK instead of just on Thursday!) where we all sat outside in the sparkling sunshine and 70-degree weather, sharing good food and good conversation etc.

I came home with a turkey carcass (to make soup with), fully intending to go to Reid Park for a concert--and suddenly i was unable to leave home a second time. People were expecting me at the festival, darn it, and i've become such a hermit that i can't even leave home when i sort of want to. I could blame it on gas costs and on being poorer than a churchmouse currently, but the truth is i love my home and my dogs, and dislike going out more than once a day.

I don't know if this is something serious or just your garden-variety peri-menopause symptoms....whatever it is, it's time to shift it!

Could be just the denouement (anti-climax) following the seminar last week. I swear i was high afterwards--now, to figure out how to KEEP it!

Hope all preparations for holiday feasting are well underway, in whatever part of the world you happen to be. (Well, of course, other countries aren't celebrating Thanksgiving this week, so just amend that statement to one that fits for your locale.)

LYMI, ciao for now!

5 Comments:

At 11/21/05, 6:16 AM, Blogger mckait said...

I understand completly!

" I could blame it on gas costs and on being poorer than a churchmouse currently, but the truth is i love my home and my dogs, and dislike going out more than once a day."


i feel exactly the same way..

I guess it might be a problem, but what is wrong with loving to be at home? With those that you love and who love you
( my dog.. my cats.. .)

If there were a way for me to never leave.. believe me.. i would take advantage of it..


I understand poor, too.. this is a tough year..

Don't feel badly about wanting to be home with yourself.. you seem like good company to me..

And I am sure your dogs were glad to hae you to themselves..

Be happy taz..

 
At 11/21/05, 9:31 AM, Blogger Me said...

Nothin' wrong with the nesting instincts, Taza. Sounds like you just feel kinda guilty for not going someplace where others expected you, but it boils down to a stronger desire to be in your space over a conflicting desire to be with your friends. Solitude is sometimes the only thing that helps us feel whole.

Hmm... sorry. Didn't mean to proselytize.

 
At 11/21/05, 10:23 AM, Blogger nancy =) said...

i'm the same way, taz...if i've been out most of the day and then stop home, unless it is something really really important, i will most always just opt to stay home and be cozy with my 3 dogs...it's where i'm most content...

i think cootera is right...i think it's the guilt part that's really getting to you...but then again what do i know =)

ciao...and have a peaceful holiday...

~ n

 
At 11/21/05, 11:51 AM, Blogger mckait said...

hah! i wish my sister could see this.. she doesn't understand why i hate to leave my dog.. just thinks i am a loon.. i would like her to know that i am not a lone loon

:)

 
At 11/23/05, 12:43 PM, Blogger taza said...

It feels so good to be so understood by folks i've never "met." Thanks to all of you for not only understanding, but empathizing!
They're not just dogs, they're family. And darn good family too.
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home