Thursday, July 27, 2006

wet river morning

sometime in the night it started raining. i woke up to let the dogs out and HA! my car windows were down....thankfully the sun roof was closed!

we met a friend and his dog Omani at the river and all the dogs enjoyed getting muddy as can be. Omani is a young rescue dog that my friend ended up with. i think he's going to be huge!
















then as i was walking up the bank to the car--angus had already dashed up lightly ahead of me--i saw a sleeping rattlesnake!


my heavier movements woke it up (or was it my audible *GASP*?)--it stood on its coils for me and i heard the first sizzling rattle of the summer. my heart was racing as i jumped away!

needless to say, i took a different route to the parking area--and kept the dogs away--but couldn't resist going back to snap a shot of it from above (this is slightly zoomed, but not that much)!

5 Comments:

At 7/27/06, 12:06 PM, Blogger Loner said...

big puppy!

Oh and I took the quiz - my aura is blue too - funny, I don't feel like Angelina jolie...

 
At 7/27/06, 1:27 PM, Blogger Michele said...

It's scary how nicely that snake blends in with the ground . . .

 
At 7/27/06, 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someday I too will see water in that river too!

Love the Photo of the rattlesnake, maybe I will see one of those too.

Love ya

 
At 7/28/06, 5:58 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Yikes @ the rattlesnake, crap, i don't think i would have got that close!

 
At 7/30/06, 5:39 AM, Blogger mckait said...

I love these photos! Angus has a great smile.. and they look like they are utterly blissful and filled with joy :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home