Sunday, January 22, 2006

An intense week it's been

Man o man, this is my winter to be sick.

Last Sunday night--well actually, Monday in the wee hours of the morning--i woke up with the upchuck blues. Then the other end of the tube wanted to get into the act. You know, the "which-end-do-I-put-to-the-toilet" kind of sick! Ewwww!

I was immobile all of Monday with a fever, which continued into Tuesday along with an exquisite headache. I tried to go back to work Wednesday, but came home after 2 hours.

That was also the day i found out about a friend's husband, who had a fatal fall off a ladder Tuesday morning and was taken off life support Wednesday afternoon.

Can you imagine?

Buddhism class Wednesday night found me leaking tears throughout, as the teacher kept mentioning that 1) death is certain, 2) the time of death is uncertain, and 3) so get busy using this life to care for others!

Thursday i got a message from a former bf to let me know that the woman we used to work for out in Cascabel, is in Tucson for cancer surgery. I didn't have his number, so i put off calling him back for a couple of days until i could think coherently enough to track him down. I don't do well with headaches, especially ones that last 4 days!

I finally started feeling more like me Friday, and went back to work Saturday--the same day Chris woke up with a headache and fever. So here we go again.

I called my friend--the one who just lost her husband--last night to offer help with her dogs, a massage, what have you--and she said, "Is there any way you could come over tonight? My sister tried to commit suicide today and I really just need some healing. I have to get some sleep tonight. A massage would really help, but if you need to move a lot of things around, don't worry about it."

Can you imagine? Her husband isn't even gone a week, her sisters (4) are all here for that--and now this on top. I mean really.

Of course i went over and gave her a massage and Jin Shin Jyutsu treatment. She was amazingly OK considering everything that is happening. She said his last hours were incredibly beautiful. He never regained consciousness after the fall, but there's a lot that can be communicated even in that state.

Now i'm off to Tucson Medical Center, to do some more Jin Shin Jyutsu with my ex-boss. Turns out that in addition to colon cancer, she has Stage 4 liver cancer as well. She's an original--a real firecracker, opinionated and outspoken, very very smart, and really intense. I will be happy to see her, but sad for the reason.

4 Comments:

At 1/22/06, 3:08 PM, Blogger mckait said...

Namaste

Bless you for your generous healings...

you are clearly an angel to many....

May You Always Walk in the Sunlight of the Spirit

 
At 1/22/06, 6:06 PM, Blogger Michele said...

I hope you and Chris both get well soon and stay well. It's good that you have each other . . .

 
At 1/23/06, 12:58 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Hope someone is giving you a massage Taz. Take care of each other, stay well and focused :o)

 
At 1/23/06, 9:07 PM, Blogger Anne said...

feel better, friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home