Wednesday, May 11, 2005

morning ramble

I'm taking the day off to get rid of a bunch of crap that is lying around in the back yard of the house I moved into a few months ago. In case you didn't know, there's a great Yahoo group called FREECYCLE in which people offer stuff they have for free. You place your offer, you get tons of email, and somebody comes and takes it away. FREECYCLE is a wonderful idea that started right here in !Tucson, Arizona! and has spread worldwide. Just go to Yahoo Groups Home and do a search for "freecycle" and you will get an idea of how many communities have caught on.
My extra back yard could be a fabulous shangri-la, but right now it's quite far from that condition. There's an old burned out truck with some great custom tool boxes mounted on the side panels, a couple of random appliances on pallets, and some potentially nice wooden doors with glass panes. Not being the handy type myself, I've no use for these things--but I know someone out there does--it's just a matter of connecting the dots.
The first day I posted the items I got 34 emails! Hope everything is gone by tonight, fingers crossed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home