Tuesday, May 10, 2005

One step at a time

Oh Yippee! I get to play with fonts and colors--this is getting more fun by the minute!

I spent my morning walk time today composing "my next blog entry." I can see this could become somewhat of a habit......

I spent the day yesterday down at Maggie's Farm (www.maggiezfarmaz.blogspot.com) with my dear friend Magz, who in the past week has sustained the kind of personal losses that might knock me down if they were delivered in a year's time instead of a week's. She's just like me, only completely different, and spending time together both heals and stretches the 2 of us.

Magz likes activity about as much as I like solitude, but the extreme ends of either condition will push both of us back towards the midline. She's got so much going on in her world, and in her mind; whereas my work and temperment incline me just as far in the opposite direction. Still, we share enough common ground to have our sisterhood deeply ingrained, and can count on each other when we get pinched in a serious way.

So we talked, computered, and then went to town for a variety of activities--post office, bank, feed store (hitting the high spots). We ate largely at the Chinese restaurant, and continued on to participate in the wildly popular common pursuit of Retail Therapy; namely, we WENT SHOPPING at her town's newest dollar store for longer than either of us thought possible. We strolled down every aisle, had a duel with pool noodles, filled a cart to overflowing, and entertained the staff to boot!

It wasn't what we did, it was that we did it together. I hope getting gaga was a sweet breath of respite from the bardo of her last couple of weeks.

Feeling done for now, but I can always come back later.

2 Comments:

At 5/10/05, 11:00 AM, Blogger magz said...

ah darlin.... i said i wouldnt link ya till ya start writing regular, but i never saidf i wouldnt bookie-mark ya..
AND HERE YA ARE!!!
this is beautiful sweet sis, and yer right, we're exactly the same only different. I love ya so much, i'm gonna tell ya how to start up yer linkie-dinks so's ya can keep up with everyone...

on the end of my list of pals is a click to 'powered by blogrolling' do it. fast, easy n fun, like everything else in blogland here
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAAAA! love you taz!

 
At 5/10/05, 11:10 AM, Blogger magz said...

OH YEAH, YA DIPPY LITTLE SHOPAHOLIC YOU? WHERE'DA HELL'S THE WHUPCREAM FER THE STRAWBERRIES...HUH? AND TO WHAT NEFRARIOUS PURPOSE AM I SPOSED TO PUT A BUNCH A FUNNELS TO... HUH?

(dont go there; i beg of you PLEASE)

And whatcha got that's mine, huh? oh! ad i found my sunglasses! miraculously un-runover in the driveway!! man, w2hat a nice mornin outside... smell them herb. plant them flower seeds. bye!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home